Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our website. We are JANTINA CONSULTING, a legal and commercial consultancy specialising in non-contentious activities relating to commercial & contract law and the whole lifecycle management and delivery of commercial contracts.
jantinaconsulting.legal is owned and operated by Cora Burke t/a Jantina Consulting (Jantina Consulting, we, us or our).
Some important details about us:
Our administrative office is at: Churchill Knight Limited (‘Churchill Knight’), 1st Floor Metropolitan House, Darkes Lane, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire EN6 1AG.
Jantina Consulting is a legal and commercial consultancy and is not regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. We are not authorised by the Financial Services Authority under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000. We do not act as a solicitor and are not a substitute for the advice of a solicitor. Our services in relation to commercial contracts (excluding conveyancing transactions) are not reserved activities as defined in the Legal Services Act 2007. If you seek representation, are involved in litigation or have complex legal issues that cannot be resolved on your own, we recommend that you consult with a qualified solicitor.
We provide our services in accordance with the professional codes of conduct of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives (CILEx) and the International Association of Commercial and Contract Management (IACCM). Copies of these codes can be accessed on the websites of CILEx and IACCM respectively.
We do not provide banking services. Depending on the nature of the services, we will charge on a fixed fee basis or on the basis of an hourly or daily rate. All fees are calculated on a case by case basis.
We will invoice you in advance of carrying out any work for you. The invoice may be for part or all of the work you have asked us to undertake. We will not undertake any work until you have paid the invoice and you have signed and returned our engagement letter.
If you change your instructions for the work significantly after we have started working on your requirements, we will review the initial estimate we gave and may charge additional fees.
USE OF THE SITE
You have permission for temporary use of the site, but we can withdraw or change our service at any time without telling you and without being legally responsible to you.
Only use the site as allowed by law and these terms. If you don’t, we may suspend your usage, or stop it completely.
We frequently update the site and make changes to it, but we don’t have to do this, and material on the site may be out-of-date. No material on the site is intended to contain advice, and you shouldn’t rely on it. We exclude all legal responsibility and costs for reliance placed on the site by anyone.
By using the site, you agree to us handling this information and confirm that data you provide is accurate.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner of all intellectual property rights in the site (for example the copyright and any rights in the designs) and in any of the material posted on it. They are protected by copyright.
In respect of any third party trademarks, brand names, product names and copyrights (‘IPRs’) used in relation to the Website, such IPRs are owned by their respective rights holders. We expressly do not give you permission to use any of these IPRs. If you do use any of these IPRs that use may constitute an infringement.
OUR LEGAL RESPONSIBILITY TO YOU
We do not guarantee the accuracy of material on our site. As far as legally possible, we exclude legal responsibility for the following:
- Any loss to you arising from use of our site
- Loss of income, profit, business, data, contracts, goodwill or savings.
We also exclude, as far as legally possible, all terms and warranties or promises implied by law or by statutes.
We don’t exclude legal responsibility for death or personal injury owing to our negligence, or legal responsibility for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for anything else where exclusion is not allowed by the law.
If you do anything which is a criminal offence under a law called the Computer Misuse Act 1990, your right to use the site will end straightaway. We will report you to the relevant authorities and give them your identity.
You must not use the site to do any of the following:
- Break any laws or regulations
- Do anything fraudulent, or which has a fraudulent effect
- Harm or attempt to harm minors
- Do anything with material that does not meet our content standards (these are listed below)
- Do anything with unsolicited advertising material (known as spam)
- Transmit any data or material that is harmful to other programs, software, or hardware (for example, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, etc.)
- Copy in any way or re-sell any part of our site (unless we allow it under our website terms)
- Create a link from any other page than the home page of our website to your website (a ‘deep link’) without our written agreement
- Interfere with or damage any part of our site, equipment, network, software or storage arrangements.
Here are our content standards. They apply to all material that you contribute to our site and to all interactive services. You must follow these standards carefully, and follow the spirit of them.
Your contributions must be:
- Accurate (if they are factual)
- Genuine (if they state opinions)
- Within the law.
Your contributions must not be:
- Defamatory, obscene or offensive
- Likely to deceive, harass, annoy, threaten, or invade someone else’s privacy.
And they must not:
- Promote material that is sexually explicit
- Promote violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, age, disability, or sexual orientation
- Infringe anyone else’s intellectual property
- Be used to impersonate anyone, or misrepresent anyone’s identity
- Encourage or assist anything that breaks the law.
LINKS TO OUR SITE
You are allowed to make a legal link to our website’s homepage from your website (but not to other pages of our website) if the content on your site meets the standards of our acceptable use policy. We can end this permission at any time.
If you want to make a link to any other page of our website than the homepage (a ‘deep link’) you must ask for our written agreement to do so).
You must not suggest any endorsement by us or association with us unless we agree in writing.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Links from our site to other sites are only for information. We don’t accept responsibility for other sites or any loss you suffer from using them.
SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
If we think you have breached any conditions concerning Computer Offences, Content Standards and / or Links to Our Site, we will take whatever steps we think are necessary.
These might include:
- Stopping your use of the site temporarily or permanently
- Removing material you have put on the site
- Sending you a warning
- Taking legal action
- Telling the right authorities.
We exclude legal responsibility and cost for actions we take to deal with your breach of our policy.
We change these terms from time to time and your use of the Website constitutes acceptance of these Terms and the Policies as revised from time to time.
The English courts have the only right to hear claims related to our site, and all disputes are governed by English law.